Choosing a School Meal
The number of families choosing a school meal is on the increase. The Government recently published the School Food Plan to encourage even more families to make the switch from packed lunches.
Why choose a school meal?
- Pupils who have a hot, nutritionally balanaced meal at lunchtime are more likely to have better concentration in the afternoon.
- Children are given the opportunity to try new and different food.
- School meals offer convenience for families with busy lifestyles.
- Eating a school lunch teaches important social skills.
- A school lunch offers families value for money.
- The price for a school meal is £2.30 per day, £11.50 per week
From September 2014, all Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils in state-funded schools in England will be entitled to free school meals.